Lyft Accident Lawyer
Lyft is a popular rideshare service that offers several advantages to its customers. Hailing a Lyft can be an easy and affordable way to get anywhere you need to go. Riders can be picked up for a night out with the tap of a phone screen. Ridesharing also takes away the stress of worrying about driving to a new place and finding a parking spot. It is no wonder people use Lyft services every day.
While Lyft can make some aspects of transportation easier, it can make others more complex—namely, car accidents. The involvement of insurance companies is important after any car accident case. In a Lyft accident, there may be multiple insurers involved. This can be concerning for those who may have been injured in a Lyft-related collision and need compensation.
If you been seriously injured in a car accident involving a Lyft driver, you may need the help of a Lyft accident attorney. At William Mattar, our accident attorneys will fight for maximum compensation. We are available 24/7. Call (844) 444-4444 today.
What is Lyft?
Lyft is a rideshare company that launched in 2012. Ridesharing is like taking a taxicab in that a driver takes a passenger to his or her destination. But, rideshares are different in that they use mobile apps to match customers with nearby drivers.
Lyft, along with ridesharing competitors such as Uber, are sometimes considered a cheaper alternative to the traditional taxicab service. Cost will depend upon the ride option service that you choose. A few examples of Lyft’s different “ride mode” options include:
- Lyft (Basic Option): Matches customers to a vehicle that can seat up to 4 passengers;
- Lyft XL: Matches customers to a vehicle that can seat up to 6 passengers;
- Shared Ride: Seats customers with other passengers who have are going in the same direction for their trip (the cheapest available option);
- Lux: Matches customers to a luxury vehicle that can seat up to 4 passengers;
- Lux Black: Matches customers to a luxury vehicle—with a black exterior— that can seat up to 4 passengers; and
- Lux Black XL: Matches customers to a luxury vehicle—with a black exterior— that can seat up to 6 passengers.
How does Lyft work?
Lyft’s platform functions similar to that of other rideshare companies. For instance, most ridesharing mobile apps use GPS map technology for customers and drivers. Through the app, customers can request a ride and view the location of their Lyft driver at all times during a trip.
The following provides an idea of how a Lyft ride works:
- Users must download the Lyft app on a smartphone and create a personal account. From there, users can request a ride and a nearby driver will be alerted to your request.
- The Lyft driver will arrive to pick up the rider. While traveling to the destination, the driver’s progress and route can be tracked via the app’s GPS map.
- Once the rider is dropped off at their destination, Lyft will charge the fare directly to a preloaded credit card, debit card, or PayPal account. The fare will vary depending on the type of rideshare service selected.
- Satisfied Lyft riders can also recommend the platform to friends and family to earn a monetary credit that can be applied towards their next ride.
Lyft Car Accident Injuries
There is no guaranteed way to prevent a motor vehicle accident. The same is true when taking a rideshare such as Lyft. Whether you are a driver, passenger, or a motorist in another vehicle, you may be at risk of being involved in a Lyft-related crash that can result in severe injury.
The following are some common Lyft accident injuries:
- Neck and Back Injuries: If you are involved in a Lyft accident that causes your head to jerk forward, you could sustain a severe neck or back injury. Rear-end car accidents, for instance, can often result in an injury known as “whiplash.” Whiplash occurs when ligaments, nerves, tissues, or muscles in the neck are damaged. Those who have sustained whiplash may experience chronic pain and stiffness, loss of motion, and migraines.
- Burns or Lacerations: In a severe rideshare accident, occupants may suffer burns or lacerations (cuts or wounds) that affect the skin. A burn can be caused by a fire or hot vehicle part, and can result in scarring, discomfort, and restricted movement. A laceration can be caused by a sharp object, such as metal.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries: A traumatic brain injury (TBI) is a serious head injury that can occur when the head violently hits an object, such as the dashboard, steering wheel, or window. The effects of a TBI can range from mild to severe, resulting in disability.
- Broken Bones: Bones and joints are prone to injury in a car crash. Bones, such as arms and legs, and joints, such as knees, hips, and shoulders, can be seriously damaged during impact.
If you have suffered a serious injury in a Lyft accident, you may require medical care and treatment. When this happens, medical bills can pile up, leaving you overwhelmed and unable to cover the expenses. In this case, you may need the help of a Lyft accident attorney who can assist you with filing a personal injury claim.
What should I do after a Lyft Accident?
A Lyft-related accident can interrupt your life in numerous ways. It can result in devastating injuries and change your ability to work and make a living. Given the potential long-term effects, you should know what to do in the aftermath of a Lyft crash.
Following most car crashes it is critical to call 911 and prioritize the safety of yourself and anyone else involved. You may need to seek immediate medical attention if you have been injured. If you are a Lyft driver, passenger, pedestrian, or were in another vehicle, you can collect pertinent accident-related information if you are able to do so. This may help you file an insurance claim. Information can include driver contact information, license plate numbers, and photos of the Lyft accident scene and vehicle damage.
If you have been injured in a Lyft collision, you should consider seeing a medical provider to document any symptoms or injuries. If you have been seriously injured, a doctor’s medical report will also be important for your insurance claim. A personal injury lawyer at William Mattar law offices can help you file your claim and get you the compensation you need to recover from your injury.
Contact Our Experienced Lyft Accident Attorneys
If you have been seriously injured in a Lyft-related accident, contact William Mattar law offices today. Our dedicated personal injury attorneys have the experience and knowledge to handle any accident case. For a free consultation, call (844) 444-4444.