Rescue a Shelter Animal
Our Rescue a Shelter Animal photo contest is now closed!
2017 Rescue a Shelter Animal Photo Contest Winners
The winners of the 2017 Rescue a Shelter Animal photo contest are in 1st place Gina Lollabrigida and in 2nd place was Nova. Gina came in with her owner, Fran and her friend, Boo and for their 1st Place win we gave a donation to Buffalo Pug and Small Breed. Nova came in with her owner, Becky, and for her 2nd Place win, we gave a donation to Pets Alive WNY. These powerhouse pups collected over 1,300 votes, which is amazing since the voting window was only 2 weeks.
There was a record number of photos entered in our annual Rescue a Shelter Animal photo contest! We are thankful to everyone who not only shared photos of their rescued pets on our Facebook page, but for the countless number of volunteers who champion for rescue shelter animals and help them find their forever homes. We encourage everyone to support the rescue groups and shelters near you.
Thank you to everyone who participated and helped to raise awareness for the many shelters in need of our help. Please continue to post your furry friends on our Facebook page year round.
Meet the William Mattar Pet Family
At William Mattar Law Offices, family is important to us. And that includes four-legged, furry members of the family. Meet the William Mattar pet family!
Rescue a Shelter Animal
If you have room in your home and your heart, consider rescuing a shelter animal. Thousands of amazing dogsand cats are waiting to share their unconditional love with potential owners like you. And many shelters have more than just dogs and cats—rabbits, guinea pigs, and other animals are also waiting for forever homes.
You don’t need to rescue an animal to help local shelters. Financial donations can give shelters the support they need to provide food, shelter, and medical care to homeless animals.
Shelters are overcrowded, underfunded, and in need of support. Countless rescue groups do not have brick and mortar facilities and rely strictly on foster homes for shelter and care. This can make it difficult to place animals in forever homes. All of these groups continually need your help and support. If you know of a rescue group or shelter that you do not see listed below, please email email@example.com with the organization’s name and website link (or phone number if they have no website), and we will be glad to update our list.
Shelter Animal Resources
We’ve put together a list of shelters full of animals that need loving homes. We have links below of more than 56 shelters in the Buffalo, Rochester, and Syracuse areas.
In addition to donations, supplies, or volunteering, if you are not able to rescue an animal, you can still support these rescue organizations by visiting their websites and viewing their fundraising events.
Though not an animal shelter, Hope Before Heaven is a wonderful organization that can provide aid for emergency vet care bills in certain situations.
Operation Pets is a spay/neuter clinic in Blasdell providing affordable sterilization services for companion animals and feral cat populations.
Golden Pup’s Bark and Ride Pet Taxi provides safe and secure transportation to vet appointments and concierge services to pick up pet prescriptions and needed items.
Buffalo & Western New York
- A Purr-Fect Fit Animal Rescue and Adoption Center
- Akron Canine Rescued Angels
- Big Dogs, Big Hearts
- Bright Star German Shepherd Rescue
- Buddy’s Second Chance
- Buffalo City Animal Shelter
- Buffalo C.A.R.E.S.
- Pets Alive Western New York (formerly Buffalo Humane)
- Buffalo Paws and Claws
- Buffalo Pug & Small Breed Rescue
- Cattaraugus County SPCA, Olean
- Chautauqua County Humane Society
- Diamonds in the Ruff
- Educate A Bull
- Erie County SPCA, Tonawanda
- Empire Animal Rescue Society
- Feral Cat Focus
- Heart Animal Rescue, Hamburg
- Heart of Niagara Animal Rescue
- Home Sweet Home Animal Rescue
- Hope for Cats, Inc.
- Joyful Rescues
- Lakeshore Humane Society
- Maddie’s Pet Rescue Project
- Niagara County SPCA, Niagara Falls
- Open Arms Rescue of WNY
- Pet Connection Programs (Maternity Shelter)
- Pixie Mamas Rescue
- Precious Paws, North Tonawanda
- Sadie’s Safe Harbor Canine Rescue
- Save a Pet
- Second Chance Sheltering Network
- Small Pets – Big Hearts
- Tabby Town Cat Adoption Center
- Ten Lives Club
- Wyoming County SPCA, Attica
- Allegany County SPCA, Wellsville
- Bugsy’s Animal Network (38 Area Shelters)
- Genesee County SPCA, Batavia
- Greece Residents Assisting Stray Pets
- Habitat for Cats, Rochester
- Hornell Animal Shelter
- Humane Society of Monroe
- Humane Society of Wayne County, Lyons
- Humane Society of Yates County, Penn Yan
- Keller’s Kats Rescue
- Lollypop Farm – Humane Society of Greater Rochester, Fairport
- Meals for Mutts Inc.
- Nuts For Mutts Rescue
- Ontario County SPCA, Canandaigua
- Operation Buddy Rescue
- Orleans County SPCA, Albion
- Pitty Love Rescue
- Rescued Treasures Pet Adoptions
- Rochester Animal Services
- Suzie Q Dog ResQ
- CNY SPCA, Syracuse
- Cortland County SPCA
- Finger Lakes SPCA of Central NY, Auburn
- Finger Lakes SPCA, Bath
- Forever Friends Animal Rescue
- GROWLS: Golden Retriever Rescue
- Hound Rescue
- Humane Society of Schuyler County, Watkins Glen
- Oswego County SPCA
- Pibbles & More Animal Rescue (Binghamton)
- Rescue Me! Dachshund Rescue
- Seneca Humane Society, Seneca Falls
- Tanners Paws
- The Haven at Skanda
- Tompkins County SPCA, Ithaca
- Trooper Husky Rescue
*Donation amount based off of William Mattar law offices Facebook page “likes” during the month of November, or up to $500.