Breast Cancer Awareness
Each year we are pleased to present donations to the American Cancer Society thanks to the combined efforts of our dedicated staff and caring community.
William Mattar Law Offices Go Pink in October to Raise Breast Cancer Awareness
Every year in October, cities, towns and communities across the country are decked out in pink in support of national Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Beginning October 1st, William Mattar will join other local businesses in the Paint the Village Pink initiative by turning its famous blue logo pink to raise awareness about women’s breast health.
October is more than just the color pink – this initiative also stresses the importance of monthly self-breast exams and regular mammogram screenings. According to the American Cancer Society, about 1 in 8 U.S. women (about 12%) will develop invasive breast cancer over the course of her lifetime. Mammograms save lives, and at William Mattar, we remind the women of our community the importance of routine examinations.
Real Men Wear Pink
William Mattar team member Adam Szymanski was voted the firm’s Real Man and is representing the firm at local breast cancer awareness fundraising events. Adam joins this distinguished group of community leaders determined to raise awareness and support the American Cancer Society’s mission of saving more lives than ever before from breast cancer. Every dollar raised helps the American Cancer Society save lives from breast cancer through early detection, prevention, research and patient support. Thank you for your support in the fight against breast cancer, Adam!
Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk
On Saturday October 12th, William Mattar Law Offices will participate in the 2019 Making Strides Against Breast Cancer of Buffalo 5K Walk/Run. Making Strides is the largest network of breast cancer events in the nation that raises money to fund groundbreaking breast cancer research and provide patient services, such as free rides to chemo and a live 24/7 cancer helpline. William Mattar joins other business in Buffalo that are coming together to celebrate survivors and support those currently battling breast cancer.
How You Can Help:
With a donation of $5 or more, you may pick-up the 2019 William Mattar limited edition drink tumbler by stopping by our Williamsville office, located at 6720 Main Street in Williamsville. All proceeds will be donated to the American Cancer Society.
You can help the American Cancer Society fund life-saving breast cancer research, crucial patient services, and education and prevention initiatives with a monetary donation by clicking here.
Breast Cancer Facts
- In 2019, an estimated 268,600 new cases of invasive breast cancer will be diagnosed in women in the U.S. as well as 62,930 new cases of non-invasive (in situ) breast cancer.
- 62% of breast cancer cases are diagnosed at a localized stage, for which the 5-year survival rate is 99%.
- An estimated 2,670 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer this year in the United States.
- There are over 3.5 million breast cancer survivors in the United States.
Breast Cancer Resources
We’ve put together a list of resources to help you find more information about breast cancer diagnosis and treatment, support programs for survivors, and additional ways you can advance the fight against breast cancer. Ask your health care provider for additional resources that may also be beneficial to you and your family.
Buffalo & Western New York
- American Cancer Society
- Roswell Park Cancer Institute
- Breast Cancer Network of Western New York
- Cancer Services Program of Western New York (CSPWNY)
- Hope For Two
- Susan G. Komen for the Cure – Western New York
- University of Rochester Medical Center Cancer Services Program
- Elizabeth Wende Breast Care, LLC
- Rochester General Breast Center
- Breast Cancer Coalition of Rochester