Buffalo Personal Injury Lawyer
Car Accident | Truck Accident | Motorcycle Accident | Bicycle Accident | Rideshare Accident | Pedestrian Accident | Drunk Driving Accident | Distracted Driving | Self-Driving Car Accident | Motor Vehicle Product Liability
Buffalo has a lot to offer. Home to numerous recreational spots and tourist attractions (including Niagara Falls right in the city’s backyard), the Buffalo area attracts people from all over the world. It goes without saying that many locals and visitors travel on Buffalo roadways every day.
In a busy place like Buffalo, New York, traffic accidents are bound to happen. And when they do, William Mattar is here to help. Every day, the legal team at our Buffalo location works with motor vehicle accident victims to get them the financial compensation they need. Call (844) 444-4444 to learn more about how we can help you after your accident.
Why Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
You may be wondering — how can a personal injury lawyer help me?
There are many reasons to consider hiring an attorney if you’ve been seriously injured in a motor vehicle crash. For one, William Mattar offers clients our No Fee Until We WinSM, which promises that you will not owe us fees until we settle or win your case. Our experienced attorneys also have knowledge of all applicable legal deadlines and can ensure that they are met. Your personal injury lawyer can:
- Investigate your accident case;
- Complete necessary paperwork and documentation;
- Assess the value of your claim;
- Guide you through the claim process; and
- Negotiate with the involved insurance companies.
Why Hire William Mattar, P.C.?
William Mattar law offices has more than 30 years of experience fighting for injury victims across New York State. Because we help those that have been hurt in motor vehicle crashes every day, we understand the stress you may be experiencing. Our law firm takes a compassionate and dedicated approach to handling personal injury cases and can work to protect your legal rights.
Areas of Practice
Our legal team does not just take on injury cases involving car accidents. We also handle a variety of cases in other areas of practice. We represent victims in cases involving motorcycle accidents, bicycle accidents, pedestrian accidents, and truck accidents. If you’ve been injured in a motor vehicle accident, don’t hesitate to contact William Mattar today.
What to do After a Recent Accident
There are several things people generally do after being involved in a motor vehicle crash. These include:
- Call 911: Drivers typically call 911 following a crash. The police officer that arrives at the scene of an accident will often draft an official police report about the details of the crash. This report will include information that may help a future claim.
- Seek medical care: If you are injured or suspect you may have been injured following a motor vehicle accident consider seeking medical attention as soon as possible. The extent of accident-related injuries may not appear right away and could worsen over time. Medical treatment can help rule out less apparent injuries and create an official record of medical care and symptoms.
- Collect information and evidence: After an accident, it is important to document contact information such as names, phone numbers, and addresses of drivers, occupants, and witnesses involved after an accident. Photographs of the scene can serve as evidence later on.
- Consult with a personal injury lawyer: After your accident, an insurance company (often the at-fault driver’s insurance carrier) may offer you a settlement that is less than you deserve. A personal injury attorney can help protect your claim and keep your best interests in mind to help ensure you receive the best outcome possible.
What is the Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury in Buffalo?
A statute of limitations is a law that sets a time limitation for bringing certain kinds of legal action, such as a lawsuit.
The statute of limitations for a Buffalo personal injury lawsuit depends on numerous factors and may be different in every situation. For some personal injury lawsuits, the statute of limitations is three years from the date of the accident. However, if an injury victim is under the age of 18, this statute of limitations could possibly be delayed. In fatal motor vehicle crashes, a representative of the deceased may choose to pursue a wrongful death lawsuit. In this case, the statute of limitations is approximately two years from the date of death.
Every injury case is unique, however, and several potential statutes of limitations could apply to your case. You should not rely on the information above to determine the statutes of limitations that apply to your case. You should instead speak with a personal injury attorney who can examine your case closely.
A Buffalo Personal Injury Law Firm You Can Trust
When you’re injured, William Mattar law offices can help. Whether you’ve been hurt in a car, motorcycle, truck, or bicycle crash, our experienced personal injury lawyers are prepared to handle your case. Contact William Mattar law offices today at (844) 444-4444 or fill out our free online consultation form to get started.
William Mattar Law Offices
69 Delaware Ave., Suite 1111
Buffalo, New York 14202
William Mattar Law Offices
6720 Main St., Suite 100
Williamsville, New York 14221