Our Legal Staff
At William Mattar Law Offices, our legal staff works around the clock to ensure our clients get the attention they deserve. From our intake specialists, who introduce clients to the claims process, to our litigation specialists, who prepare lawsuits for settlement or trial, every team member is dedicated to getting the best possible results for every client we help.
Injured in a car accident? Our 24/7 team is ready to assist you—just dial (844) 444-4444 or contact us online using our free online form. We’re able to serve car accident injury victims throughout New York State, and our car injury lawyers have more than two decades of experience. Let us work for you today!
- Legal Assistants for Intake
- Kolbe Support Team
- Information Technology
- Patty Receptionist, Reception Team Supervisor Patty is our lead receptionist. She is exactly who you would want to greet you at the front door! Patty is a master of multi-tasking as she balances many office duties while directing calls, greeting clients & comfortably seating them for appointments. In her free time, Patty enjoys gardening, bowling and her dogs, Marcus and Kelly.
- Tracy Receptionist As one of our full time reception team, Tracy helps both clients and staff, and helps to organize the conference room appointment calendars every day. With a daily smile and positive attitude, in her off-time she tells us. “I enjoy spending time with my family, traveling and reading.”
- Kelly Receptionist Kelly is a great addition to our reception team. She is always happy to help callers, clients and guests feel welcome. Whether she is assisting in person or by phone, you will be able to tell how much she enjoys her duties helping people as part of the William Mattar team.
Legal Assistants for Intake
- Angela Intake Supervisor Angela’s favorite parts of being a part of the William Mattar team are talking to people, supporting them, and sharing her legal knowledge and experience with them to help make their situations easier. In her free time, she enjoys relaxing with her three dogs: Simon, Lily, and Daisy. She also loves checking out local shops and restaurants.
- Lisa Legal Assistant for Intake, Team Lead Lisa tells us, “I love being part of a great team that helps people during a difficult time in their lives.” And it shows in her daily activities at the firm, from opening new case files to working with staff to determine the best ways to help new clients. When she is not helping people in the office, she enjoys pending time with her friends and family and being on her family’s boat.
- Bukie Legal Assistant for Intake, Team Lead As an Intake Representative, Bukie not only enjoys helping clients, but loves the friendly and family-like atmosphere at the firm. She loves learning new things every day and having the opportunity to help people on a daily basis. When she is not with her family of co-workers, she enjoys spending time with her family and volunteering in the children’s department at her church.
- Lexi Legal Assistant for Intake, Team Lead When talking about what Lexi enjoys most about her job, she said “Helping people who desperately need it.” In her free time, she enjoys hanging with friends, cooking and going to the gym.
- Angela N Legal Assistant for Intake “I love the positive environment and the amazing people that work here.” Angela has a wonderful time outside of the office as well, enjoying time with her daughter, dancing, and being with family whenever she can.
- Laura Legal Assistant for Intake Laura says that being at the firm is a big change for her but she loves it! She says, “Everyone is so friendly and willing to help whenever you need. I’m thankful to work in such a welcoming, family oriented environment.” Laura’s free time is either spent with her boyfriend, painting or practicing cosmetology.
- Chelsea Legal Assistant for Intake Chelsea’s favorite part of her job is helping people get the assistance they need after an accident. In her spare time, she likes to browse the local bookstore for the latest books and volunteer at animal rescues. She also enjoys going the gym, spending time with her family and friends, and trying new things.
- Mike Williams Legal Assistant for Intake Mike Williams is able to help people when they come to us, and he always makes sure to answer all of their initial questions. He loves bicycling, especially when it involves volunteer events. Mike also enjoys hockey and skiing.
- Sheena Paralegal Sheena says, “What I enjoy most about what we do at William Mattar is working zealously for our clients to assist them in possibly the most difficult time in their lives.” Outside of work, she enjoys live music, attending sporting events, traveling, and reading.
- John C Legal Assistant for Intake John has been an important part of team for many years working with clients during all stages of their cases. He has been a client liaison in many ways, namely bringing paperwork to clients unable to make it in to one of our offices, for signatures to help them move their cases forward. Always there to help both staff and clients in a big way!
- Erica Dibble Legal Assistant for Intake Erica hails from Batavia, NY and wants to be able to help others in any way she can! She enjoys learning new things from her teammates as she spends her days helping people. Two of Erica’s favorite activities are kayaking and photography.
- Joe Weglarski Legal Assistant for Intake Clarence, NY native Joe loves being part of our team where he says “everyone is extremely kind and helpful”. What inspires him to do his job is knowing that while he is helping people, he is also working towards a better future for himself. Outside of the office he serves the community as a volunteer firefighter and enjoys spending time with friends and family.
- Adam Szymanski Legal Assistant for Intake Buffalo native Adam says, “I enjoy helping others and since that is one of the main principles here at the firm its a great fit. I also enjoy the sense of community here at the firm”. Adam pursues several interests in his spare time, such as playing golf and seeing live music.
- Makenzi Bader Legal Assistant for Intake From Syracuse, NY, Makenzi is one of our Client Service Representatives who speaks with callers and determines the best way for us to help them. And as Makenzi enjoys helping others, she is happy to know she is making a difference. Outside of the office she enjoys spending time with her family and traveling.
- Jared Waldron Legal Assistant for Intake Jared lives in Cowlesville, NY… a tiny hamlet near Alden & Marilla. Jared is inspired at the office by helping others overcome their personal challenges. When asking Jared what he likes most about the culture at the firm he says, “First of all, I am happy to be a part of such a respected and renowned firm where employees as well as clients receive an incredibly high quality of treatment. I also like the inviting atmosphere that makes me feel I’m a valued member of a benevolent organization”. Jared has a number of ways to enjoy quality time away from the office as well. He says, “I have many interests, however to name a few; I really enjoy traveling to different places (inside or outside the country), also, I like watching TED talks, exploring in the outdoors, meeting new and interesting people, and being spontaneous every chance I can get”.
- Viktoria Belous Manager, Legal Assistants When asked what her favorite part of her job is, Viktoria says, “that I can assist as much as possible in helping my clients obtain the settlements they deserve for their pain and suffering”. As for her hobbies, she loves spending time with her family and trying out new recipes.
- Cassi Pre-Litigation Supervisor Cassi says, “I love being able to help people—both the clients I talk to, as well as my coworkers.” Outside of work, she loves to read and spend time with family, friends, and her dog. Cassi also loves to travel whenever she gets the opportunity.
- Nicole Z Pre-Litigation Legal Assistant, Team Lead From Buffalo, NY, Nicole get inspired by helping a client that is going through a difficult time and seeing it through until the end. Nicole likes that everyone at William Mattar is friendly and always willing to help with anything. Her down time includes playing with her puppy, a Siberian Husky and spending time with family and friends.
- Jordan Pre-Litigation Paralegal, Team Lead We asked Jordan what she likes most about the firm. She said, “I like helping people and learning new things.” Outside of the office, Jordan enjoys singing, spending time with family, friends, and her dog, and reading history books.
- Bridgette Pre-Litigation Paralegal As a Pre-Litigation Paralegal, Bridgette stands by our mission statement: “Helping people, it’s what we do.“ She always takes the time to help clients in any way she can.
- Cathy Pre-Litigation Paralegal Cathy feels that when she helps clients, she is also “giving them their lives back.” She recognizes the importance of treating each client with respect and compassion. Cathy looks forward to regular family gatherings, reading, and enjoying music in her free time.
- Tressa Pre-Litigation Legal Assistant Tressa values working towards resolving cases for injury victims, so they can pick up the pieces and move on from a bad point in their lives. Outside of the office, Tressa volunteers with the Girl Scouts and also enjoys hiking, reading, photography, lifting weights, and visiting new places.
- Samara Pre-Litigation Legal Assistant When asked what she likes most about the firm, Samara said “I like working with my team and being able to help our clients through the entirety of their case”. Outside of the office, Samara enjoys spending time with her family and friends, reading, and cheering on the Buffalo Bills!
- Megan Pre-Litigation Legal Assistant Megan is in the right place as she loves helping clients, and helping people is what we do! She says that among her favorite activities are playing with her pug, Jack, and gardening.
- Nicole L Pre-Litigation Legal Assistant From Tonawanda, NY, Nicole loves helping people on a personal level. “It feels great when I can solve a problem they are having”, she said. When talking about the Mattar Culture, Nicole says “I really like how happy and pleasant everyone is. There are smiles everywhere you turn!” Outside of work, Nicole is an outside girl- she likes hiking, camping, the beach and working in her gardens. She has a Therapy Dog and regularly volunteers with her, as with a couple of local not-for-profit agencies in her community.
- Ashley Pre-Litigation Paralegal A native of Buffalo, NY, Ashley likes being a part of the legal field and helping others, especially with the William Mattar team where “everyone works as a team and supports one another.” When she’s not focused on helping people, she enjoys planning events and spending time with her friends, being outdoors, and learning how to cook Italian cuisine.
- Matti Pre-Litigation Legal Assistant “William Mattar is a great pace to be! I enjoy being available to answer all of our clients questions during their time of need. Everyone here works as a team! We all help each other out.” Matti has a fun crew to tend to outside of the office, as she tells us “I love spending time with my four dogs, Kilo, Akira, Simba, and Chewbacca! I also am a Disney addict and go there a couple times each year.”
Pre-Litigation Legal Assistant
Born and raised in Rochester, NY, Courtney loves learning new things within the job itself and being there for her clients at a difficult time in there lives. She says, “I enjoy coming to a job where everyone is pleasant, helpful and encouraging. It is nice to work in a firm where they truly care about there clients as well as employees.” She also loves “to be outdoors soaking up the sun, playing with my dog and I enjoy traveling!”
- Zoann Pre-Litigation Legal Assistant Zoann really likes helping clients and being able to answer questions to help ease any worries they may have.
- Arianna Pre-Litigation Legal Assistant A Buffalo, NY native, Arianna loves working with her team who she describes as ‘so friendly and supportive.’ Some of her favorite activities include cooking, dancing, and spending time outdoors.
- Hailey Brown Pre-Litigation Legal Assistant Hailey is from Corning, NY and is definitely in the right place with the firm as she tells us ‘I am inspired by helping people!” She enjoys her department and says she loves how welcoming everyone is and the way everyone works as a team. When she’s not helping clients, she helps out in the community and enjoys a healthy work/play balance: “I volunteer for an organization mentoring youth at risk in Buffalo, I enjoy hiking, kayaking and spending time at the finger lakes with family!”
- John T Boncaldo Pre-Litigation Legal Assistant Orchard Park, NY native John is part of our Pre-Litigation Department staff. He has an interest in law and how it can be used to improve people’s lives. He really likes how the firm focuses on empathy with clients and the importance assigned to family. John has several varied interests outside of the office including woodcarving, cooking, and tennis.
- Maria Friend Pre-Litigation Legal Assistant Buffalo, NY born and raised, Maria says her dedication to helping others have a better day and positive mindset is very important to her. When asking what she likes the best about the firm, she tells us “Everyone is friendly. There are plenty of resources to help you be successful in your work.” Maria has a lot of interests outside of the office and says, “I love listening to music of any kind. Traveling is a big part of my life; I want to visit every continent and absorb as much as I can about the culture. I also have a special place in my heart for Halloween and horror movies. Special effects makeup is my main creative outlet.”
- Christopher Notaro Pre-Litigation Legal Assistant Christopher is motivated by the fact that he is able to help people through one of the most difficult times they will ever face. And as he is helping clients, he is energized by the team-oriented nature of the firm and the positive energy displayed by everyone daily. Christopher also has a variety of interests outside of the office. He enjoys reading history books, watching movies and TV shows, speaking and reading German, spending time with friends, bike riding, and enjoying the outdoors.
- Jenelle Haug Pre-Litigation Legal Assistant Jenelle is originally from Wheatfield, NY and enjoys her role on the team in her ability to help others and make a difference. She loves how welcoming the team atmosphere is and how it feels like family. As much as she enjoys helping clients, she also makes plenty of time for cooking, working out, and spending time with her husband.
- Tracy Gardner Pre-Litigation Legal Assistant Tracy is from Medina, NY and enjoys camping, four wheeling, traveling, and spending time with her husband, two boys, and close friends. When asked what inspires her to do her job, Tracy said “I was in a pretty bad accident a few years ago, I was scared and hurt, I can relate to what our clients are going through and being able to help them through this difficult time in their lives makes me happy and inspires me to not just good job but a great job every single day.”
- Morgan D Litigation Paralegal Morgan loves assisting clients with their accident cases and listening to them when they need someone to talk to. She is proud to help injury victims in need. Morgan enjoys spending time with her family and friends, and she is also an avid lighthouse collector.
- Lora Litigation Legal Assistant, Team Lead Lora says she likes being able to help people that are going through a stressful time, often one of the most difficult times they have ever experienced. When she is not helping clients as part of the pre-litigation team, she enjoys travel, attending concerts, and spending time with her family, friends and dog.
- Sharon Litigation Paralegal It gives Sharon great satisfaction to know that she helps people with insurance questions or problems. In her free time, she enjoys watching her kids play hockey, taking her dog for walks, going to the gym, and finding new books to read.
- Stacy Litigation Paralegal Helping people isn’t just Stacy’s passion, it’s her daily goal at work! In her free time, she enjoys staying active outdoors, including running, cycling, hiking, and playing softball. Stacy also likes reading, watching movies, and bowling in the wintertime.
- Kathy Litigation Legal Assistant Kathy enjoys helping each and every client any way she can. A testament to her dedication, she has been with William Mattar law offices for over 20 years! Outside of work, she serves as Secretary of both the Det. Wasyl Potienko Memorial Foundation and the Lancaster Educational Alumni Foundation. Her abundance of Buffalo pride helps her build relationships with each client. In addition to being a fan of helping our clients, she’s also an avid fan of the Buffalo Bills and Buffalo Sabres.
- Kelly Sears Litigation Legal Assistant When asked what she likes best about her job, Kelly says, “I learn something new every day, and I also love working with such great people!” When she’s not helping clients, she enjoys spending quality time with her husband and three handsome little boys.
- Lisa McHugh Litigation Legal Assistant Lisa McHugh’s favorite part of her position is having the opportunity to work as a team to help clients. Lisa loves spending her spare time with her family and two dogs, Chester and Norman. She also enjoys finding new home improvement ideas to tackle.
- Kelly Lien Resolution / Paralegal Kelly likes being able to help ease client concerns. She says, “It is a great feeling when you can help someone who has been injured and is nervous about the process.” Kelly’s favorite way to spend her free time is with her children—she even coaches some of their sports teams! Her other hobbies include running and reading new books.
- Melissa Williams Litigation Legal Assistant Melissa says, “I love that I work for such a great company, and I enjoy working with good friends and great attorneys!” As Chairman of William Mattar’s Festivities Committee, she’s always coming up with new ways to celebrate success within our firm. She loves to travel as much as possible and also enjoys spending time with her family, including her two daughters.
- Rebecca Litigation Paralegal Rebecca enjoys being able to assist attorneys and help people get the results they deserve. Outside of the office, she likes going to the movies, being outdoors, and spending time with her family.
- Janet Litigation Legal Assistant Janet gets the most enjoyment out of helping her clients and coworkers during the legal process. Outside of the office, she enjoys spending time with her fiancé, children, and grandsons. Her hobbies include cross-stitching, reading books, bowling, and traveling by car, motorcycle, boat, and airplane.
- Kristy Litigation Paralegal Kristy enjoys talking with clients and working to help them get the compensation they deserve. Outside the office, Kristy re-purposes old furniture and home decor to resell or use in her own home.
- Savannah Litigation Paralegal Savannah enjoys being able to help our clients and guide them through their cases. Outside the office, Savannah spends time with family, reads, and travels whenever she can.
- Morgan T Litigation Paralegal Originally from Syracuse, NY, Morgan has had an interest in the field of law since she was little and she loves to help people. She loves her teammates at William Mattar as everyone works together helping clients and each other. Morgan enjoys her personal time with friends from UB, “whether we are going out somewhere or just hanging around the house together.”
- Debbie Litigation Legal Assistant Debbie enjoys being part of the solid William Mattar team helping clients every day and guiding them through the resolution of their cases.
- Jess Martin Litigation Legal Assistant Hailing from Lancaster, NY, Jess likes helping people while reaching personal goals. “At William Mattar, I like that the firm is very employee oriented, we have countless appreciation events such as happy hours, lunches and other functions.” This busy young lady makes the most of her personal time, saying, “When I am not holding my agenda planner, one can find me camping, paddle-boarding, hiking, biking, at the beach or working on a new DIY project.”
- Daniel Litigation Legal Assistant Daniel is excited to be part of our William Mattar team. Helping people through difficult times is just one of the aspects he likes most.
- Kayla Litigation Legal Assistant When asked what she likes most about the firm, she says “I like talking with clients and trying my best for them!” Outside of work she enjoys scrap-booking, participating in 5k’s and playing tennis.
- Nikki Litigation Legal Assistant “What I like most about what I do at the firm is helping our clients and trying to make their time with us as easy on them as possible.” Outside of the office, Nikki volunteers at a dog day care in Buffalo. She also spends time walking and enjoying the outdoors with her dog.
Kolbe Support Team
- Sarah Manager, Support Services Sarah has helped develop and expand her department to help service clients in the best ways possible. Her favorite part of being at William Mattar is the team that she works with. One of her many talents and interests outside of the office is cosmetology.
- Cara Medical Records Supervisor Cara loves working with the team and learning new things all the time in our Kolbe Support department. Interests and activities she enjoys include music and concerts, taking dance classes and often assisting teaching classes!
- Danielle Document Processor Team Lead “I love coming to work every day knowing I am making a difference by being able to help others.” Outside of the office, Danielle has many exciting interests such as snowboarding and traveling. She also enjoys spending time with family and friends.
- Nathan Document Processor When asked what he enjoys the most about what he does at the firm, Nathan says “I like the people I work with. Everyone is very friendly, helpful and team oriented.” He has been a Boy Scout for many years and has attained Eagle Scout status. One of his favorite hobbies is collecting early records and record players.
- Jennifer Sparks Document Processor Jennifer Sparks loves the teamwork and camaraderie that comes with being in our firm’s Kolbe Department. She says, “I enjoy being able to help assist the firm’s clients by processing the various documents needed to support their case.” Jennifer loves to run and also enjoys reading, bird watching, and spending quality time with her young niece.
- Joe Document Processor Joe enjoys getting to work in a positive environment, with a great team. Outside of work, Joe enjoys watching movies, playing video games, Photography, and learning more about history.
- Vitaliy Belous Document Processor Vitaliy loves working in a team-oriented environment that cares about helping people. Outside of the office, he enjoys spending time with his wife and family, playing soccer and ice hockey, and trying new restaurants.
- Jennifer Medical Records Representative Jennifer tells us, “I enjoy being part of a team where I can make a meaningful contribution and help individuals through difficult times,” which is a perfect fit with the firm’s mission. Outside of the office, she enjoys a number of creative endeavors such as writing music, playing guitar and singing.
- Angela Z Medical Records Representative “I enjoy working with such a friendly and hard-working team!” Outside of the office, Angela enjoys attending her three nephews’ baseball and lacrosse games, taking road trips with her fiancee, and attending Buffalo Bandits games.
- Vincenzina Medical Records Representative “Knowing that during our client’s difficult time of need all they need to do is concentrate on getting better because our firm will handle the rest brings me joy!” Vincenzina loves being outdoors regardless of the weather enjoying activities such as camping, hiking, concerts and gardening.
- Jennifer Peterson Medical Records Representative “I like that it is a positive environment and I like that everyone works as a team. When I’m not at the office helping to gather records for cases, I love spending time with my dog, Zeus. I love doing work around my house and spending as much time outdoors as possible, whether it is yard work, hiking etc.”
- Gina Scheda Medical Records Representative Gina loves being able to help people, and loves working with her team at William Mattar. Outside of the office, she enjoys cooking, going out to dinner and attending her son’s sporting events.
- Aleshea Nati Medical Records Representative What does Aleshea love most about her job? “I love having the opportunity to offer support and help others walk through a difficult time. Knowing that I have that opportunity everyday is something that I wake up and look forward to.” She loves the atmosphere at William Mattar law offices also, saying “The culture here is amazing! I am so thankful that I get to work alongside people who are so kind, encouraging, and supportive.” Outside of her daily routine at the office, she loves to spend time with family, friends, and volunteering with the high school youth group at her church. She also loves getting to be outside!
- Samantha Medical Records Representative Samantha loves the opportunity to help people in their time of need. Of her William Mattar team, she says, “everyone is so friendly, helpful and respectful. It seems like one big family.” When she is not skillfully helping clients, Samantha can be found reading, working on her book, and hanging out with her husband and cats.
- Abbigail Sokolofsky Intern Abby is a big help as a William Mattar intern. She helps a number of departments including our Medical Records, Intake, and Pre-lit teams. She says “I have an amazing group of people to work with who are always there for support and to help!!” One of the things she likes most about the culture is the atmosphere where everyone is welcoming and nice, like family! She’s very busy between her time at the office, college studies and outside activities and interests. ” I am in Delta Phi Epsilon, I love fostering dogs, I have 3 chinchillas and go to SUNY Fredonia for pre-law.” We think she is going to make one fine attorney in the near future!
- Julia Accounting Manager “I love accounting because numbers are always constant and always make sense. It’s comforting knowing that there will always be a solution even if it’s challenging to find it.” When Julia is not mastering the numbers, she loves spending time with family and friends.
- Nina Bookkeeper What Nina likes the most about what she does at the firm is the financial aspect. She said, “I love numbers! I enjoy being part of such a great team with amazing Core Values.” Outside of work, Nina enjoys spending time with loved ones, horseback riding, camping, going to the beach and taking road trips. Nina said, “I am a concert junkie who loves music and spending time with my fur baby Leo.”
- Matthew Bookkeeper Matthew tells us “I like the people I work with. They are supportive, always willing to help and give great feedback. In terms of the actual job, I like working with numbers and love math especially when everything works out in the end. Outside of work I like playing video games and spending time with friends and family.”
- Megan Lederhouse Resource Coordinator “My job varies on a daily basis and I am always working on new and exciting projects for the firm. There are many community projects that we are involved in that I am proud to be a part of. I have been given the opportunity to work with great people who are not only knowledgeable but also friendly and motivating. I’ve got just as busy a schedule outside of the office but make time for my favorite activities such as spending time with my daughter, working out, reading and traveling.”
- Maura Digital Marketing Strategist “Through marketing, we are always finding new ways to reach people. And by doing so we’re able to help more and more people who suffer from accident related injuries. It feels good to know we are helping people.” When Maura is not on duty with the marketing team, she enjoys time with her husband and two children, and spending time outdoors, gardening, and visiting new places and local events.
- Grace Lewis Digital Marketing Assistant Grace hails from Lewiston, NY and is inspired at how much digital marketing impacts a company’s way to reach customers. One of the things she loves most about working at William Mattar is the people! Hobbies and special interests include skiing, makeup, concerts & spending time with family and friends.
- Mitchell Woite Digital Marketing Coordinator Mitchell is from Amherst, NY and says he just loves the teamwork at the firm! He enjoys the continuous learning that takes place in his department. Outside of the office he is a faithful fan who enjoys watching the Buffalo Bills and Buffalo Sabres.
Rob is a native of Grand Island. He enjoys the responsibility in his marketing position with our team. One of the things he likes the most about the culture at our firm is how helping and supporting co-workers is a top priority. When he is not making successful connections through marketing, most days he can be found golfing, running, or spending a day out on his boat.