Terms & Conditions – William Mattar 4 Graduates Contest
The sponsor of the William Mattar 4 Graduates Contest (the “Contest”) is William Mattar, P.C, (“Sponsor,” “William Mattar Law Offices” or the “Firm,”) 6720 Main Street #100, Williamsville, NY 14221.
- Entrants must be a resident of New York State to be eligible to enter the contest.
- Entrants must be a 2020 high school graduate admitted or enrolled in accredited college-level course(s) and/or university or college degree program for the fall 2020 semester. Should an entrant fail to fully complete the required documents and supply required information in a timely manner, or with false information, the entrant will be disqualified.
- If you are an employee or staff member of William Mattar, P.C., William K. Mattar, Esq., or William Mattar Law Offices herein collectively referred to as “William Mattar Law Offices” or the “Firm,” an advertising or promotional agency of William Mattar Law Offices or any other enterprise that contributed promotional consideration (such as prizes, administration or hosting services), you are not eligible to enter the contest. This includes summer, part-time, full-time, and temporary staff members. Family members of employees, which includes siblings, parents, significant others, children, grandchildren, or grandparents, are also not eligible to win. Also people living in the same household or individuals otherwise excluded are not eligible to win.
- If you are a lawyer or an employee or staff member of any law firm, you are not eligible to enter the contest. This includes summer, part-time, full-time, and temporary staff members. Family members of employees, which includes siblings, parents, significant others, children, grandchildren, or grandparents, are also not eligible to win. Also people living in the same household or individuals otherwise excluded are not eligible to win.
- No purchase is necessary to enter or win.
- Entrant may enter each contest/giveaway only once. Entrants’ names will remain in the drawing for however long the contest lasts for the calendar year in which the entry was made. This time frame is to be declared by William Mattar Law Offices and is subject to change at any time.
- Entry period for the William Mattar 4 Graduates Contest begins June 15, 2020 at 12:00 p.m. EST and ends on July 6, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
- Two ways to enter: 1. Entrants may enter for The William Mattar 4 Graduates contest online (through williammattar.com). 2. Mail Entries: Hand print your complete name, address and telephone number on a 3″ x 5″ piece of paper and mail it in a stamped envelope to: “William Mattar 4 Graduates” Contest, William Mattar, P.C., 6720 Main Street, Suite 100, Williamsville, New York 14221. All Mail Entries must be postmarked by July 1, 2020, and received by July 6, 2020. Sponsor is not responsible for technical failure of any kind or for lost, late, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, stolen, altered, illegible or postage-due entries. Sponsor is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing of entry forms, these Contest Official Rules, or in the administration of Contests. Entries submitted are the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. We will not accept entries through social media, email, fax, telephone, or in person. Only one entry per person.
- William Mattar Law Offices is not responsible for any technical difficulties entrants face. Such difficulties may include (but are not limited to) busy signals, overload on website, problems, technical/electronic malfunctions. The Firm is also not responsible for entrants having difficulties sending/receiving emails or phone calls, or accessing the Firm’s website or its social media accounts.
- By entering this Contest, Entrants agree to receive future communications from William Mattar Law Offices. Entrants may opt-out of these communications by emailing [email protected]
- There is to be only one winner per family. Only one winner per household.
- PRIZE(S): Up to Three (3) prizes will be awarded for a total retail value of $1,500 (Value of Contest Total). Prize structure is as follows: up to three (3) winner(s) will be selected at random beginning on or around July 6, 2020 from all eligible entries. Each prize winner will receive a maximum of Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00 USD), or the total cost of a college book purchase for Fall 2020 university or college courses, whichever is the least amount (please see prize redemption requirement). Unclaimed Prizes will not be awarded. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any listed prize for one of equal or lesser value if the Prize should become unavailable. All prizes are non-transferable, and no substitutions will be made. Sponsor is not responsible for Winner’s limitations that prevent the acceptance or full use of Prize. Winner is solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes. Winner is solely responsible for reporting the Prize to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner must supply necessary information for issuance of W9 form for income reporting purposes. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, stolen or misplaced Prize(s) once issued to Winner and will not reissue or replace such prize.
- Prize Redemption Requirement: Winner(s) will be required to submit their fall 2020 school book receipts to William Mattar, P.C. no later than October 1, 2020 in order to redeem their prize, unless otherwise indicated by the Sponsor. Winner(s) will be reimbursed for their documented college book purchase, or up to five hundred dollars ($500.00), whichever is the least amount.
- WINNER(S): Three (3) Contest Winner(s) will be randomly selected beginning on or about July 6, 2020. There will be no more than a total of three (3) Contest Winner(s). Odds of winning a Prize will depend on the number of eligible entries received during the applicable Entry Period. Winner(s) will be notified either by email, by phone and/or U.S. registered mail beginning on or about July 6, 2020. Prize may be forfeited if the notification is mailed and returned as undeliverable mail without a forwarding address, and/or if Winner is unable to be contacted by telephone. Winner must comply with all Contest rules as published.
- Winner(s) must be enrolled in college or university courses for the upcoming fall 2020 semester by August 15, 2020 in order to redeem prize.
- Any additional fees are the responsibility of the winner(s).
- Winner(s) will be announced to the public during the duration of the Contest period beginning on or around July 6, 2020.
- High schools, universities and colleges featured in this Contest are not affiliated with William Mattar, P.C.
- Winner(s) may be required to show valid photo identification at the time of prize redemption. Should winner(s) fail to show photo identification or documentation, William Mattar, P.C. may not release the prize.
- If you enter into one contest, campaign, or program, you ARE NOT automatically entered into all of them. You must register, with your information, into each program, campaign, or contest you wish to enter. Please note: there may be more than one contest taking place at any given time.
- The winner will be asked to sign some paperwork. This includes, but is not limited to, a liability release. This will release William Mattar Law Offices, staff members, owner, and any contest sponsor from being held responsible.
- The Firm is not responsible for attempting to contact the winner more than once. William Mattar Law Offices will be required to send a notification message/email to the given email address. Should a winner not respond within 5 days, then the Firm holds no further obligation to that winner. William Mattar Law Offices may continue to make attempts to contact winner/entrant. A different winner may be chosen should the Firm be unable to reach, obtain a response, or get in contact with the original winner.
- Small prizes in addition to the Grand Prize may or may not be available. Prizes may have a deadline to be picked up. All prizes must be picked up or retrieved within 5 days of the original or attempted notification. This may be subject to change.
- Should winner not claim a prize within the time deadline, the Firm has sole discretion to declare another winner.
- If the prize is not picked up before the deadline, it becomes the Firm’s property. The Firm reserves the right to pick a new winner or dispose of the prize in some other way.
- Winner(s) may not be allowed to pick up prize until their eligibility to participate in the contest has been confirmed and the required paperwork has been completed. William Mattar Law Offices may take steps to confirm eligibility but is not responsible for doing so.
- The documentation (including but not limited to the liability release) must be completed and signed at the Firm’s office or via electronic signature before being eligible to claim a prize. Winner(s) must also bring a form of photo identification (which shows date of birth) and show proof of social security number and any other documents declared by the Firm.
- Should winner(s) fail to bring photo identification, documentation, and proof of social security number, the Firm will not release the prize to winner(s).
- If winner(s) refuses to sign required documents, then William Mattar Law Offices has sole discretion to declare another winner(s).
- Prizes must be picked up in person, unless otherwise declared by William Mattar law offices. They will only be given to declared winner(s) or the legal guardians/parents of the winner(s), unless agreed upon otherwise between the winner(s).
- William Mattar Law Offices has the right to alter prizes of equal or greater value for contests, campaigns, programs, and giveaways. There is no cash redemption or any exchanges of prizes.
- Those who win and claim prizes are held responsible for paying all taxes if applicable (including but not limited to federal, state, county, and local taxes). Taxes will be based on prize value.
- The Firm may put an expiration date on any/all prizes. Sponsors may also put an expiration date on prize.
- William Mattar Law Offices is also not responsible for the reimbursement or replacement of any prize.
- The Firm has the sole discretion to change/alter prizes and/or rules and regulations that go along with prizes.
- William Mattar Law Offices will make the final decisions. Entrants agree to abide by these terms and conditions by entering. William Mattar Law Offices has no responsibility for losses, injuries, or damages caused by accepting these terms and conditions and entering into programs, contests, memberships, and giveaways. Terms and agreements are subject to change. Should they change, entrants/members still agree to alterations. It is entrant/member’s responsibility to check the terms and agreements on a regular basis to make sure they are aware of any modifications and still agree to follow such rules and regulations. The Firm reserves the right to delete, alter, or add in any terms, conditions, and rules.
- William Mattar Law Offices shall not be held responsible or liable should there be a printing, publishing, transmission, communication error or other technical error as it relates to the contest, campaign, program or giveaway, including but not limited to the type or number of prizes.
- William Mattar Law Offices has the right to cancel or abandon the contest, campaign, program or giveaway at any time or the right to do anything it chooses within the bounds of the law to either remedy a given error, problem, situation or to discontinue.
- William Mattar Law Offices maximum liability for any giveaway, campaign or contest shall be the lesser of prize(s) value or Five hundred dollars ($500.00).
- Entrant(s) and/or winner(s) shall indemnify and defend William Mattar Law Offices and its managers, officers, directors, employees, agents, successors and assigns against any and all losses, damages, liabilities, deficiencies, claims, actions, judgements, settlements, interests, awards, penalties, fines, costs, expenses of whatever kind, including professional and attorney fees arising out of any claim alleging any breach or non-fulfillment of any representation warranty or covenant, negligence, omission, injury, bodily injury, death, reckless or willful misconduct, or failure to comply with any law, rule, regulation or code.