How to Take Legal Action After a Car Accident
Whether you’ve been injured in a serious car accident or a minor fender-bender, William Mattar Law Offices is ready to help you take action today. We’ve been protecting the rights of injured victims in New York State for more than 30 years. Our car accident injury lawyers have the experience to help you get compensation for your injuries, including compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and other accident-related expenses.
There are deadlines for filing claims related to car accidents. If you wait too long to get legal help, the evidence you need to prove your case can disappear. Do not wait- contact our 24/7 legal team to get started today. Dial (844) 444-4444, or complete our free initial consultation form.
WHY YOU SHOULD TAKE ACTION FAST
You may be wondering why it’s so important to act quickly following a car crash. New York State, like every other state, has various statutes of limitation. A statute of limitations is essentially a legal deadline for a specific period of time (for example, 30 days) in which a claim or lawsuit must be filed. If you miss a deadline, you may lose your ability to make your personal injury claim. The personal injury attorneys at William Mattar law offices can help you understand the statutes of limitation that may apply to your case.
HOW WE CAN HELP
If you’ve been hurt in a car crash, healing should be your focus. But to build a strong car accident injury claim, there are several important things for you—or your lawyer—to do right away. An experienced attorney, who is focused on protecting the rights of car crash victims, can help ensure the right steps are taken on time, so you can concentrate on getting better.
Your accident attorney will help you:
- Gather evidence to support your case: Our emergency response team is ready to reconstruct accident details to help prove who caused your injuries. Evidence pertaining to your case may include photographs of the accident scene and vehicle damage, statements or testimony from witnesses, and official records such as a police report.
- Ensure that your injuries are documented: Another important piece of information that needs to be documented after an accident is the nature and extent of your injuries. Sometimes people don’t realize how badly they’ve been hurt in a car crash. That’s why we encourage all of our clients to see a doctor immediately. A medical provider, such as your doctor, can record your injuries and symptoms and keep them on file. This record may be useful in the event that you choose to file a personal injury claim.
- File forms: There are several possible forms and documents that may need to be completed if you’ve been injured in a car accident and are seeking compensation. Forms like the MV-104 and No-Fault insurance applications must be filed correctly and quickly. When deadlines are missed, there can be penalties and/or loss of benefits or coverage. Our accident attorneys can help ensure that all required forms are completed accurately, and within the legal deadlines, to protect your right to file a claim.
- Understand insurance company tactics: Often, following a motor vehicle crash, the at-fault driver’s insurance company may attempt to contact you. They may offer you a monetary settlement to discourage you from filing a claim. Unfortunately, this settlement offer may not be adequate to cover your expenses and needs. At William Mattar, we can fight for you when an insurance company tries to offer you less than you deserve.
- Determine what compensation you may be entitled to: If you’ve been seriously injured in a car crash, you may be entitled to receive compensation for your injuries. Sustaining a serious injury can result in long-term, or even permanent, changes to your life. As a result, you may find that medical expenses are piling up or that you are no longer able to work for a period of time. This experience can be disorienting and stressful, to say the least. An accident attorney can look at the details of your situation and help determine what forms of compensation you may be able to receive.
Car repairs, medical bills, and paperwork can be a lot to handle. This is not to mention the pain and suffering, emotional distress, and lifestyle changes that can result from a serious personal injury. Hiring a qualified attorney can help ensure that you do not have to handle it all on your own.
To learn more about what steps you can take following a car accident, visit our After the Accident page.
WE FOCUS ON MOTOR VEHICLE ACCIDENTS
Since 1990, William Mattar has worked on car accident injury cases. When you choose us, you’re getting a law firm that focuses on cases like yours. We also have experience in a variety of different car accident cases. Some types of motor vehicle accident cases we handle include, but are not limited to:
- Rear-end accidents
- T-bone, or side-impact, collisions
- Rollover accidents
- Head-on crashes
- Sideswipe accidents
- Distracted driving accidents
- Drunk driving accidents
Every motor vehicle accident case is unique. The actions you may need to take, as well as the compensation you are entitled to receive, will be different depending on your circumstances. But no matter what your accident case entails, we can help you take action right away.
CONTACT AN EXPERIENCED CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER
Our Buffalo car accident lawyers work with injured victims on a daily basis, and we have the knowledge and resources it takes to fight for the compensation you deserve for your injuries. We understand what you’re going through, and our legal team is here to help.
At William Mattar, understand that those who have been hurt in a car, may be hesitant to contact an attorney for financial reasons. That’s why we offer our No Fee Until We WinSM, which says you will not owe us any lawyer’s fees unless we settle or win your case. To take action today, call (844) 444-4444 or schedule a free consultation to speak to one of our attorneys.