New York State MVAIC
If you were injured in a car accident as a passenger, pedestrian, or bicyclist, you may be eligible to receive money for pain and suffering, and No-Fault insurance benefits that can include the payment of lost wages, medical bills, and other expenses.
However, if the party whose insurance is supposed to cover you is uninsured, or if you are the victim of a hit-and-run accident and there is no insurance coverage, you may have to file your claim with the New York State Motor Vehicle Accident Indemnification Corporation (MVAIC).
The MVAIC can compensate you for expenses such as lost wages, medical bills, and bodily injuries. To be eligible to file a claim, you must meet the following criteria:
- You were involved in a car accident in the state of New York
- You were a legal resident of New York when the accident occurred
- Neither you nor anyone in your household has car insurance
- Neither you nor your spouse is the owner of the vehicle that was involved in the accident
When you have questions about filing your claim with the MVAIC, the car accident injury lawyers at William Mattar Law Offices may be able to help. We have years of experience getting people just like you back on their feet after car accidents. Just dial (844) 444-4444 or fill out a free initial consultation form today.
Filing Your MVAIC Claim
To file your MVAIC claim, you must follow a few important steps:
- Report the accident to the police within 24 hours
- Download and complete a Notice of Intention (NOI) and a Household Affidavit (HHA) from the MVAIC website
- Get both forms notarized
- Mail these completed forms, along with proof of New York residency, to the MVAIC office as soon as possible but no later than 90 days after your accident
After your claim is submitted, it will be processed by a claims examiner at the MVAIC. If you are asked to provide additional information—such as identification documents or verification—it’s important that you respond quickly, as any delays could affect your claim’s eligibility.
If you’re unsure about how No-Fault insurance works, or if you need help completing your MVAIC application, the experienced car accident lawyers at William Mattar may be able to help you. Feel free to give us a call 24 hours a day, seven days a week.