Can I Get Paid for Time Missed at Work?

Did you know that you could get paid for the time you missed from work if you’ve been hurt in an accident? Through certain benefits you can earn a percentage of your wages, but it’s imperative that you meet strict paperwork deadlines to obtain them. Play this video for more information on what forms to fill out and when they’re due.

Hurt in a Car? Call William Mattar! Contact our car and truck accident attorneys by completing a free initial consultation form or by calling (844) 444-4444 today. Across the state, we can help those injured in accidents. Our principal office is located in Buffalo, and we also have intake locations in Albany, Rochester, and Syracuse.

Get the Answer

The expenses resulting from an car accident can be high, and if you need to miss work as a result of your motor vehicle accident, you’re missing your paycheck. Fortunately, you can get paid for the time you’ve been away from work due to your accident.

Under basic no-fault insurance, when you’re injured in a car accident in New York State, you may receive to up to 80 percent of your lost earnings or $2,000 per month, whichever is the lesser amount. To obtain lost wages, you must file your no-fault benefit application as soon as possible—no later than 30 days after the accident took place. If applicable, you must also file for New York State disability benefits.

It’s important to review all applicable insurance policies because there may be greater lost wages coverage available. If you’ve been injured in a car accident, the car crash attorneys at the Law Offices of William Mattar can answer your questions about lost wages.