The car accident lawyers at William Mattar are proud to serve the people who make Rochester a great place to live, work, and unwind. And this summer, we’re more excited than ever before to share a variety of festivals taking place right in our back yard. These local events offer great food, tasty drinks, and fun for the whole family.
Rochester Lilac Festival
The Rochester Lilac Festival is the largest free festival of its kind in North America, taking place in Highland Park on May 12-21, 2017, from 10:30 a.m. – 8:30 p.m. daily. The event features:
- Numerous music acts from late afternoon into the evening hours
- More than 20 craft beers from across the country in the beer garden
- Big top food tent
- Top of the Hill and Stage bars
- Wine and chocolate tastings
- Arts and crafts from more than 160 vendors and artisans
- Special events throughout the festival, including:
- A Passion for Purple—an opening day event
- Art in the Park
- Lilac Parade
- 5K/10K Highland Hospital Lilac Run
For a full event schedule, directions, and more, visit the Rochester Lilac Festival website.
Corn Hill Arts Festival
Recognized as one of the top 200 festivals by Sunshine Artist Magazine, the Corn Hill Arts Festival is a free event that takes place August 5 & 6, 2017. Festival goers can expect to enjoy:
- Artwork from hundreds of featured artists
- Live musical performances
- Drinks in the beer and wine gardens
- The 9th Annual Emerging Artists Expo for artists age 15-25
Check out the Corn Hill Arts Festival website for full details!
Park Avenue Summer Art Fest
Taking place in Rochester’s beautiful Park Avenue neighborhood, the Park Avenue Summer Art Fest will kick off its 39th year on August 6 & 7, 2016. Admission is free and the event promises to feature:
- Creations from 300 artists, vendors and exhibitors
- More than 40 different festival foods and specialties from local bistros, bakeries, and coffee shops
- Live music from more than 60 groups on a variety of stages and performance areas
Expect the unexpected on Park Avenue—Barack Obama stopped by the neighborhood and posed for photos with locals in August 2013! Mark your calendar and visit the Park Avenue Summer Art Fest website for a full rundown of the weekend’s events.