Glossary: Bodily Injury Insurance Adjuster
June 6th, 2022|
Bodily Injury Insurance Adjuster:
A bodily injury insurance adjuster is an insurance claims professional who investigates, evaluates and attempts to settle certain insurance claims brought by third parties They are also known as insurance adjusters, insurance claim adjusters or simply, adjusters. These individuals are responsible for adjusting bodily injury claims brought by others.
Bodily injury insurance adjusters are employed by insurance companies, self-insured organizations and third-party administrators. Some field adjusters are independent contractors who work on a per-claim basis for multiple insurance companies.
What is the Role of an Adjuster?
An adjuster plays an important role in bodily injury claims, as they are responsible for assessing the damages and determining the amount the insurance company is willing to pay to settle the claim In many cases, the adjuster may also work with medical professionals to assess the severity of injuries and determine the expected cost of treatment. By working with both policyholders and claimants, adjusters have the ability to help ensure that injured persons receive fair compensation for their losses.
What Questions Could an Adjuster Ask?
The adjuster may ask questions about the incident, injuries, and medical treatment. The adjuster may also review medical records and any other documentation related to the claim. The adjuster may then set a “reserve,” and recommend a particular course of action.
Common questions an adjuster may ask include:
- What happened?
- Where did it happen?
- What was the date and time of the accident?
- Who else was involved in the accident?
- How did you get to the hospital or medical treatment facility?
- Were there any witnesses to the accident
- Who can confirm your story?
- Did you ever see a doctor, nurse, or other medical professional in connection with the injuries caused by the accident?
- What injuries do you have and when did they occur?
- Do you expect to recover from those injuries and how long will it take for you to recover fully?
- How has your injury affected your daily activities?
Injured in a Motor Vehicle Accident?
Contact William Mattar for more information and assistance or call 844-444-4444.