William Mattar Offers Free CO Detectors This Sunday

by | January 16th, 2015

Carbon Monoxide (CO) is a colorless and odorless gas that can cause serious injury or death. In fact, data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention shows that each year, an average of 430 Americans lose their lives to CO poisoning.

To help prevent such fatalities here in New York, January has been named Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Awareness Month. Lawmakers have also passed a piece of legislation—known as Amanda’s Law—that requires every residential structure to be equipped with a CO detector. The law is named after Amanda Hansen, who passed away at age 16 due to CO poisoning.

At William Mattar Law Offices, we recognize the costs involved with getting CO detectors, but we also know the importance of having this lifesaving device in your home. That’s why our Buffalo personal injury lawyers are offering CO detectors to the public at no cost.

To get your free CO detector, just come out Tops Friendly Market in Lockport on Jan. 18 at 10 a.m. and our team will get you set up with a CO detector unit free of charge. Just remember, there’s a limit of one unit per household.

Protect yourself and your loved ones from CO poisoning with a CO detector. If you already have one, regularly check the batteries on the unit to ensure it’s functioning properly.