Winter Weather Driving Tips to Avoid Buffalo Car Accidents
November 21st, 2014|
The massive amounts of snow Buffalo received earlier this week has made national headlines. For locals though, it was just a reminder to prepare for driving in winter weather. That’s why the Buffalo car accident lawyers at William Mattar Law Offices would like to give you several tips to stay safe on slick and icy roads, including:
- Stay in if Possible– The safest option is to stay home if you don’t have to be on the roads during winter weather.
- Know the Conditions– If you must travel during snow, sleet, or freezing rain, you should check the road conditions along the route you plan to travel. This website can give you up to date traffic reports in any major city in the U.S.
- Prepare Your Vehicle– Before driving your car or truck on slick roads, make sure your tires have enough tread and the braking systems are functioning properly. Also make sure your windshield wipers and lights are working.
- Bring Emergency Supplies– Accidents can happen and in bad weather, it pays to be prepared. So if you’re going to drive in snowy or icy conditions, be sure to pack blankets, flashlights, food, and water. Also make sure your cellphone is fully charged before leaving for your destination.
- Be Vigilant– Buckle up, drive slow, and by all means, avoid texting and driving.
Our team of attorneys with William Mattar Law Offices hopes these tips help to keep you and your loved ones safe during the coming months of cold and snowy weather!