I was injured in a Buffalo Bus Accident. Now What?
August 12th, 2019|
Many Buffalo residents rely on the Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority (NFTA) for transportation to work, appointments and just getting around town. In addition to NFTA buses, drivers and pedestrians contend with school buses and specialty buses meant to transport the elderly or disabled. Unfortunately, bus accidents are all too common in Buffalo, usually causing serious physical injuries to vehicle drivers and pedestrians.
What should you do if you are injured in a Buffalo bus accident by a reckless driver? If you need emergency medical treatment and hospitalization, who pays your health insurance co-pay charges? How do people pay their medical bills if they do not have health insurance?
Besides calling the personal injury law firm of William Mattar for legal assistance in obtaining possible compensation, here are some things to consider:
- Even if the accident was a slow-speed fender bender or rear end collision, if you suspect you are hurt you may want to consider seeing a doctor. Symptoms of musculoskeletal injuries like whiplash and muscle rips/tears sometimes do not emerge for days or weeks after the accident.
- If possible, you, a passenger or a witness to the accident should take pictures of the accident scene and damage to all vehicles involved. Include traffic lights, stop signs or other objects relevant to the accident scene.
- Take pictures of your physical injuries, even if it is just minor swelling and redness or cuts and bruises. Your bus accident attorney can use these pictures when negotiating with the at-fault driver’s auto insurance company.
- Call the police, because a police report is essential for obtaining adequate compensation to pay for your medical bills.
- Hire a personal injury attorney as soon as possible. William Matter offers free initial consultations for victims seriously injured by negligent drivers.
After a Buffalo Bus Accident
Aggressive auto insurance companies may try to get you to settle for a much lower amount than you are entitled to. You may want to consider consulting with a bus accident lawyer at William Mattar. Call today to schedule a free consultation appointment with one of our experienced personal injury attorneys. We may be able to help you get the compensation you deserve for your physical injuries.