Owner and President
At a young age, William Mattar knew that he wanted to become a lawyer. His father was a lawyer in western New York, and William grew up watching him help people and make their lives better.
In high school, William told his dad that he was going to become a lawyer. When he got to college, he decided it was time to make his dream a reality.
Building A Law Firm
Originally from Amherst, New York, William received a Bachelor of Science degree in psychology from State University of New York at Plattsburgh (SUNY Plattsburgh) in 1986. He then earned his Juris Doctor from Syracuse University College of Law in 1988.
After briefly working as a lawyer for another law firm, he opened William Mattar Law Offices in 1990 in Williamsville, New York. Originally, the law firm handled a variety of legal matters. Today, William Mattar focuses on motor vehicle accidents and has grown into its own building in Williamsville, with intake office locations in Albany, Rochester, Syracuse, New York City, and Long Island.
Always Helping Others
In his professional practice, William focuses on helping people by getting the best possible results for his clients in the shortest amount of time. But even when William isn’t at the office, he still finds ways to help others, and along with the firm supports many charitable organizations. He is an Eagle Scout and a former leader of the local troop of the Boy Scouts of America, Greater Niagara Frontier Council. Since 2002, he has also served as chairman for the Boy Scouts annual dinner, raising funds to support the organization which benefits more than 10,000 children. He is active in his church and is the past president or leader of many organizations.
William’s hobbies include spending time with his wife and children, cooking, hiking, and volunteering for the Boy Scouts of America with his sons, who have followed in his footsteps to become Eagle Scouts.
You only have “one chance to win™”. Contact us now — “let us win for you™”.
- State University of New York at Plattsburgh (B.S.), 1986
- Syracuse University College of Law (J.D.), 1988
- New York State, 1989
- District of Columbia
- New Hampshire
Professional Associations & Memberships
- New York State Bar Association, 1989
- Bar Association of Erie County, 1989
- Monroe County Bar Association, 2006
- Williamsville Preservation Foundation, President
- Williamsville Business & Professional Association, Former President
- Erie County Bar Foundation, Former President and Former Board Member
- Young Presidents’ Organization (YPO/WPO), Former Chapter Chair, Former Education Chair and Former Board Member
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association (Western New York Chapter)
- New York State Bar Association (NYSBA) Former law practice management committee member
- Amherst Kiwanis Club, Former President
- Boy Scouts of America, Greater Niagara Frontier Council
- Special Fundraiser Chair
- Former Eagle Scout
- Former Troop Leader
- Silver Beaver Award Recipient
- Buckle Your Belt Seat Belt Safety Campaign
- In the Heat, Check the Seat Campaign
- Safe Home 4 the Holidays Campaign
- Rescue a Shelter Animal Campaign
- Fire Safety Smoke Detector Program
- Pencils 4 School Community Donations
- Top C-Level Executive by Buffalo Business First 2019
- Best Companies to Work For in New York State 2017, 2018, 2019
- Best Places to Work (Buffalo Business First) 2018, 2019
- North Star Award from the Boy Scouts of America National Court of Honor 2019
- Business of the Year Award from Medaille College Department of Communications 2019
- 30 Year Anniversary Serving the Community from Martindale Hubbell 2019
- Erie County Bar Foundation: Outstanding Leadership and Dedicated Service as Annual Campaign Chairperson 2019
- Client Champion Platinum Award from Martindale Hubbell, 2019, 2018, 2017
- Bar Association of Erie County Award of Merit, 2018
- Martindale Hubbell AV Preeminent (Highest Possible Rating in Legal Ability & Ethical Standards) 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013
- Martindale Hubbell AV Preeminent Judicial Edition 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015
- Bar Association of Erie County Volunteer Lawyers Project Partner Law Firm, 2017
- Buffalo Common Council Certificate of Recognition, 2017
- American Registry America’s Most Honored Professionals Top 1% 2017
- American Registry America’s Most Honored Professionals 2016
- Martindale Hubbell Client Distinction Award, 2016
- Buffalo Common Council Certificate of Recognition, 2016
- Martindale Hubbell Client Distinction Award, 2015
- Martindale Hubbell Client Distinction Award, 2013
- Buffalo Business First Legal Elite of WNY, 2013
- Erie County Bar Foundation Campaign Chairman, 2013