Owner and President
At a young age, William Mattar knew that he wanted to become a lawyer. His father was a lawyer in western New York, and William grew up watching him help people and make their lives better.
In high school, William told his dad that he was going to become a lawyer. When he got to college, he decided it was time to make his dream a reality.
Building A Law Firm
Originally from Amherst, New York, William received a Bachelor of Science degree in psychology from State University of New York at Plattsburgh (SUNY Plattsburgh) in 1986. He then earned his Juris Doctor from Syracuse University College of Law in 1988.
After briefly working as a lawyer for another law firm, he opened William Mattar Law Offices in 1990 in Williamsville, New York. Originally, the law firm handled a variety of legal matters. Today, William Mattar focuses on motor vehicle accidents and has grown into its own building in Williamsville, with intake office locations in Albany, Rochester, Syracuse, New York City, and Long Island.
Always Helping Others
In his professional practice, William focuses on helping people by getting the best possible results for his clients in the shortest amount of time. But even when William isn’t at the office, he still finds ways to help others, and along with the firm supports many charitable organizations. He is an Eagle Scout and a former leader of the local troop of the Boy Scouts of America, Greater Niagara Frontier Council. Since 2002, he has also served as chairman for the Boy Scouts annual dinner, raising funds to support the organization which benefits more than 10,000 children. He is active in his church and is the past president or leader of many organizations.
William’s hobbies include spending time with his wife and children, cooking, hiking, and volunteering for the Boy Scouts of America with his sons, who have followed in his footsteps to become Eagle Scouts.
- State University of New York at Plattsburgh (B.S.), 1986
- Syracuse University College of Law (J.D.), 1988
- New York State, 1989
- District of Columbia
- New Hampshire
Professional Associations & Memberships
- New York State Bar Association, 1989
- Bar Association of Erie County, 1989
- Monroe County Bar Association, 2006
- Williamsville Preservation Foundation, President
- Williamsville Business & Professional Association, Former President
- Erie County Bar Foundation, Special Committee Member and Board Member
- Young Presidents’ Organization (YPO/WPO), Education Chair
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- Boy Scouts of America, Greater Niagara Frontier Council
- Special Fundraiser Chair
- Former Eagle Scout
- Troop Leader
- Silver Beaver Award Recipient
- Amherst Kiwanis Club, Former President
- Buckle Your Belt Seatbelt Safety Campaign
- New Year’s Eve Safe & Sober Campaign
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Awareness Month with the Amanda Hansen Foundation