Sara T. Wallitt
Attorney Sara Wallitt has always enjoyed trying to understand and debate complicated issues. This interest is partly what led her to purse a double major in economics and political science as an undergraduate at the University of Rochester. Sara graduated cum laude in 2003, and also received a Certificate of Managerial Studies with a concentration in public policy analysis from the Simon Business School.
In addition to a desire to explore, analyze, and understand complex issues, Sara also has a strong desire to help people who are in need of assistance. This desire led her to pursue a career in law, and she received her Juris Doctor from SUNY Buffalo Law School in 2006. While in law school, Sara was a member of both the Criminal Law Review and the Buffalo Journal of Gender, Law & Social Policy.
Since being admitted to practice law in New York State in 2007, Sara has worked to ensure that injured victims have a voice in the courtroom, serving as an advocate for her clients against insurance companies and defense firms. She is an active member of several professional associations and enjoys the litigation process, trial work, and appellate work. For her outstanding work, she has also earned the Super Lawyers rating.
When she’s not working to help the injured get their lives back to normal, Sara is an avid long-distance runner. She competed in two marathon races in 2013, the New York City Marathon in 2014, and the Paris Marathon in 2015.
- University of Rochester (B.A.), cum laude, 2003
- Certificate of Managerial Studies with concentration in public policy analysis through the Simon Business School
- Delta Gamma
- SUNY Buffalo Law School (J.D.), 2006
- Buffalo Law Review
- Buffalo Journal of Gender, Law & Social Policy
- New York State, 2007
Professional Associations & Memberships
- American Association for Justice
- Bar Association of Erie County
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- Women’s Bar Association
- University of Rochester Alumni Association
- Delta Gamma Alumnae Association
Teaching & Speaking Experience
- “Civil Remedies for Crime Victims,” National Crime Victim Bar Association, ~2010