Car Accident Attorney
Coming from a town with the rich past of Woodstock, New York, it’s no surprise Attorney Matt Kaiser chose to study history. During his years as an undergraduate at the University at Buffalo, Matt was an NCAA Division I athlete, competing in cross-country and track. He graduated with distinction in 2010 and enrolled in SUNY Buffalo Law School, where he earned his Juris Doctor and graduated magna cum laude in 2013.
Matt was admitted to practice law in New York in 2014. He focuses his professional efforts on helping ordinary people get through the extraordinary circumstances they face after being injured in motor vehicle accidents.
We asked Matt what motivates him in his day-to-day work. He said, “I spent my formative years as a long distance runner. The miles logged were no hobby; it was all-consuming. I saw some success, but it was fleeting. You are only as good as your last race, and my last race was not good. But that experience instilled values – dedication; resilience; steadfastness – that continue to guide me to this day. As an attorney at William Mattar P.C., I work relentlessly for my clients. You are not a claim number; you were wronged, and you need help. That’s where we come in. Every case is unique. Some are sprints, others marathons. The aim, however, is always the same: the best possible result in the least amount of time. It is always an honor to work with, and for, my clients, and I look forward to working with you.”
When Matt’s not in the office working to help others, he enjoys spending time with his wife and two daughters. He is an avid runner and collector of vinyl records.
- University at Buffalo, (B.A.), 2010
- SUNY Buffalo, (J.D.), magna cum laude, 2013
- New York State
- United States District Court, WDNY
- Second Circuit Court of Appeals
Professional Associations & Memberships
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- Western New York Regional Affiliate
- Monroe County Bar Association
- Serious Injury Threshold Practice in the Fourth Department, Erie Institute of Law, November 2017.
- Domestic Animal Owner Liability in the Fourth Department, Erie Institute of Law, September 2016.
- How to Get Your Social Media, Email and Text Evidence Admitted (and Keep Theirs Out), National Business Institute, March 2017.
- Legal Ethics of Email, National Business Institute, May 2017.
- Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Law – Made Simple, National Business Institute, May 2017.
- Advanced Civil Litigation Skills in New York, Strategically using Motions in Limine, National Business Institute, June 2017.
- A Unique Outlier: Liability of Pet Owners in New York State, 89 N.Y. St. B.A. J. 8 (2017)