James M. O’Keefe
James M. O’Keefe is from Liverpool, New York. In 2000, he earned a Bachelor of Arts in English from Niagara University in Lewiston, New York. James went on to earn his Juris Doctor in 2007 from SUNY Buffalo Law School, where he was named to the Order of Barristers. He remains a member of the Board of Directors for the Graduates of the Last Decade (GOLD) group and is a lifetime member of the SUNY Law School Alumni Association.
In 2008, James was admitted to practice law in New York State, the U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York, and the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of New York.
Before joining William Mattar in 2011, James practiced in the insurance defense field. He now dedicates his time as a personal injury attorney to helping plaintiffs in motor vehicle accident cases.
When he’s not at the office, James likes spending time with his son and cheering for the Buffalo Bills.
- Niagara University (B.A.), 2000
- SUNY Buffalo Law School (J.D.), 2007
- Order of Barristers
- New York State, 2008
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Western District of New York, 2008
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York, 2008
Professional Associations & Memberships
- New York State Bar Association
- Bar Association of Erie County
- SUNY Buffalo Law School Alumni Association
- SUNY Buffalo Law School Graduates of the Last Decade (GOLD) Group, Board of Directors and Former President
- SUNY Buffalo Law School Education Committee, Co-Chair
- Southtowns Family YMCA, Volunteer Boxing Instructor
- Super Lawyers Upstate New York Rising Star 2013 – 2017