John E. Abeel
Attorney John Abeel grew up in Cheektowaga, New York, and attended Buffalo State for his undergraduate studies. He was named an Outstanding Philosophy Major in 2000, and he graduated cum laude with a bachelor’s degree in philosophy in 2001.
Studying philosophy helped John discover his passion for examining and considering issues from different viewpoints and angles. This passion inspired him to pursue a career in law, and in 2005, John graduated cum laude from SUNY Buffalo Law School.
After receiving his Juris Doctor, John began his law career by representing insurance companies. This experience gives John a unique perspective on personal injury cases, and he puts that knowledge to work in his clients’ favor.
John is passionate about helping his clients get compensation when people and companies break important safety rules. He believes that holding those parties accountable for their actions helps keep the community safe and deters others from breaking laws in the future.
Whenever he has free time, John likes to spend it traveling or visiting with his family and friends.
- Buffalo State (B.A.), cum laude, 2001
- Outstanding Philosophy Major, 2000-2001
- SUNY Buffalo Law School (J.D.), cum laude, 2005
- Jessup Moot Court, Board Member
- New York State, 2006
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York, 2011
Professional Associations & Memberships
- American Association for Justice
- The National Trial Lawyers
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Erie County Bar Association
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Trial Lawyers 2017
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum